Sunday, October 19, 2008
This is a smaller rocket built from the same educators pack of simple kits. Of particular concern with this design is that there will be a large amount of pressure pushing the nose cones apart. This may result in a shred. Large amounts of glue should prevent this.
An interesting problem came up during work on this rocket: I have been using white glue as nose cone weight. I gave literally days for this glue to dry. After letting it dry, I finally put the cones into the rocket. After a few more days, I moved the rocket and found glue inside one tube! It turns out wet white glue is able to melt its way through dry glue like acidic alien blood. This was quite a shock, and called for some further work to bring the rocket back into shape. It can be salvaged, but for the future I must use epoxy.
This rocket will go well on motors from 1/2A up, even two D21s!