Thursday, October 5, 2006

Mach Buster


Mach Buster is a project to make the first prop. plane that can go supersonic in level flight. This may just be a way-out there plan that will never work. But I have always thought about this, and wonder why it has not been done in the past. I understand that the shape of the airfoil of props might not work at such high speeds, but what about simple turbine blades? Certainly a canted turbine blade can still work at supersonic or even hypersonic speeds. Anyway check it out, I love the idea. I love the 1,230 hp engine. These are good things. : )

4 comments:

Estruturas said...

I was thinking about how could be landing with this thing...I never saw a rocket landing smoothly.. ;)

Lae said...

Hi! Nice blog! Add me to ur links http://2funnypictures.blogspot.com and let me know, i will add u, thanks :)

Anonymous said...

add a solid to its underside and give bruce and spaceship one a run for ther money

Anonymous said...

oh and estru search "X-15 landing into google and see rockets can land!!!!!