Sunday, May 6, 2012

Launch report - Level 2 certification - H410 video


Today I attended a great METRA launch. The wind was near zero, but clouds were low for much of the day. Despite this, I was able to take my level 2 test and fly the Formula 75 on a J285 motor. There was minor damage to the rocket (zippering, will report on this in more detail later) but the certification was accepted.

 In addition, I flew the Thunderbolt on a G131 and the Draco on an H410 with a camera. That footage can be seen above. More details and stills from the video in a day or two.

 Thanks to Rick Comshaw (Wildman CT) for providing the motor, level 2 test, and good advice.

5 comments:

Dick said...

Congrats on the L-2!

High Power Rocketry said...

Thanks! It has been 8 years since the last level 2 attempt, and some down time between. The zipper in the rocket (about half an inch) is a good indication that I need to get serious about electronics.

George Katz said...

Congratulations on your L2 certification! Any plans for your L3?

High Power Rocketry said...

Yes! I would like to do level 3 eventually, but I really must learn electronics first. The fact that I zippered the top of a fiberglass rocket indicates that I A.) almost didn't certify, again... and that B.) it is time for electronics to help get recovery at apogee more often.

But level 3 a year from now? It is possible, maybe pushing things.

DTH Rocket said...

You should definitely do it. I'm going to go for L3 next year as well. Got to save up the moola moola first.