Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Libya Rocketry Association


"I am working on a plan to make (tourist rocket sport) in Libya and open the door for the world amateur rocketry to come over and shoot their rockets with me on the Libyan desert and by the sea side..."

I have to admit that I get bad flashbacks when I think about amateur rockets in Libya considering the violence last year, not to mention the typical role of rockets in northern Africa, but if the goals of this association are to practice rocketry for the sake of science and exploration, it is a good thing. Before I hold Libya to excessively high standards, let's not forget that American rocketry started (and remains) largely a military matter. Maybe if more people flew rockets for hobby, the World would be better.

http://rocketlibyan.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Dick said...

I have to admit my first thought was negative too. But I changed my mind after I thought it through.

DTH Rocket said...

I guess "Tripoli Rocketry Association" was already taken...

rafa said...

indeed if rocket hobby expands wider, the world will be better ,it is science,fun and what is moor is making the world one friendly society... isn't that beautiful.
in past 40 years libya use to have huge quantity of highly advansed and complicated rockets, and what they are for is to kell civil innocnt people.
last year civil young people fought for freedom and peace, and we won then we destroyed those killing weapons and that is an example to the world freedom and peace always won.