Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Super nova payloader



This is it! After about 2 years off, I have returned to hobby rocketry. As a result of several issues, the biggest being new BATF regulations that make the hobby of high power very expensive and hard to deal with, particularly for NYC residents, I will start out slow and stick to mid and low power work. I have a rocket ready that will be great on D and 2x24mm reload clusters. Also, I got a new Super Nova Payloader and will fly that on single 24mm motors of all kinds. All of my larger rockets remain, but some are in need of a ton of work. They will be set aside for quite a while, only the smaller kits will fly for now. However I feel it is important to relearn and do better at low and mid power work and only later move up organically. All too often people in this hobby, myself included, get forced into this passion for higher levels of certification, faster flights and greater altitudes, but I think that can ruin the fun. I have never seen a flight better than my first composite motor - a SNP (the one seen above) on an E15. PERFECTION. Expect a launch report soon! Here is a video of a Super Nova Payloader on D power:

6 comments:

S. Scott Craft said...

Awesome Rocket!!!!

thimscool said...

How about a rail gun?

winai said...

can i buy or borrow that rocket, it would be a good scare for those new yorkians....no but seriously

The Phosgene Kid said...

Needs a warhead!! I love watching launches, they have some pretty good sized rockets. I remember seeing one on TV where the rocketeer actually had to get FAA to shut down the airspace prior to launch.

N.C said...

thanks for the bunny you left on the page. I see that you are all into science and all those things. I think its great

gate valves said...

this rocket is really cool. i bet if flies high.